Pages

Elsinore - Wooden Houses - Animated Music Video




Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Animatic



A while ago I put together an animatic of the whole video. I initially withheld it from this blog pending the album release and just haven't gotten arount to posting it since then.

For anyone seeing this post on Facebook rather than my blog, you can see the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j0xBJNj4Fw

The only major change I am planning on from what is crudely laid out here has to do with the final shot. Currently, the "camera" slowly pulls back and fades to black. In order to die the end back to the beginning and hopefully to give the ending a sort of bittersweet turn, I am planning to pull back to reveal that image to be a framed photo in the house that the wolf and pig now presumably share. I would like to thank Lauren for that suggestion.

Aside from that, I'll just be playing with the timing of the whole thing and with different shots within the scenes shown here and of course smoothing out and adding character animation and refining some of the backgrounds. Especially the one for the first house that the wolf visits. That was mostly an excuse to take advantage of the perspective tools in Illustrator CS5, which are not as intuitive as I had hoped.

By the way, Elsinore's new album is amazing. If you haven't done so already, check it out and buy a copy here: http://www.parasol.com/labels/parasol/parcd120.asp

Please comment with any and all suggestions you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment